What You’ll Do:
The Account Planner (AP) is responsible for maintaining day-to-day contact between the agency and the client; managing and owning the strategy for their assigned accounts; fostering and growing assigned accounts; and ensuring overall client satisfaction.
The AP identifies insights, collaborates on ideas, and connects dots throughout the lifecycle of an account. They help teams bring value to clients by identifying where Simantel’s offerings align to the clients’ marketing-communication & branding needs.
The AP ensures teams are using effective storytelling to convey our ideas, using sound rationale, and helping to consistently balance both the client and target audience needs across efforts.
Daily functions can be broadly categorized in three areas including: Strategy; Orchestration/Management, and Sales – all with an underlying core skill of relationship building to successfully manage client and internal teams.
How You’ll Do It:
- Serves as a subject matter expert for assigned accounts, requiring continual work to understand project reference, ongoing study of the industry, client’s business, product offerings and customer base
- Completes stakeholder research (primary and secondary) and summarizes into key insights, with support from the agency insights & analytics teams and other strategy resources
- Takes the initiative in building strategic deliverables including proposals, presentations, insights summaries and communication plans using the appropriate Simantel strategy tools
- Facilitates (through Simantel’s workshop model or otherwise) meetings and discussions internally and with the client teams around how Simantel can support strategic and creative solutions to solve for business and marketing objectives
- Plays a critical role in the connectivity across the digital activation service lines (media, analytics, marketing automation and development) to ensure we are leveraging the best cross-channel experiences for our clients
- Works with agency Management Team to effectively forecast client budgets; plan and estimate project scopes; and support the Management Team’s communication internally and with the client on budget approvals & status of budget management (pre-, during, and post-project)
- Supports business development, both organic and new, as requested by agency leadership and biz dev team
- Works to learn all of Simantel’s service line offerings and can recognize/identify opportunities to speak to those service lines and capabilities to enhance existing/new projects
- Excels at relationship-building, and collaboration that leads to effective conversations internally and with clients
- Proactive and takes initiative to identify client needs and opportunities
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to effectively present and facilitate meetings
- Strategic-thinker and creative problem-solver, ability to organize information quickly and set direction
Education and Experience:
- 4-year college or university degree or equivalent experience in marketing or business (or similar concentration)
- At least three years of experience
- Account management experience in an agency or other related environment considered a plus
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.