Art Director (Hybrid or Remote)
Art Director is a key role in the creative department. Art Directors have a strong visual aesthetic and art direction skills with the ability to create stunning work. They should be curious, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
This is a Hybrid or full-time Remote position. Hybrid if you live in the Central Illinois area, which requires you to be in the Peoria, IL office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with the option to work from home Monday and Friday.
As an Art Director, my objective is:
To transform clients’ business needs into creative, compelling design for targeted audiences. I’m also imaginative and collaborate with my team to create great work that stands out.
The outcomes I need to produce for clients are:
- Maintaining complete client confidence in my ability to deliver creative concepts, design and art direction that helps them achieve their goals
- Provide consultive value to clients on how to best visually grab customer’s attention and tell their story
- Create work that stands out, breaks through the clutter, and keeps clients coming back for more
The outcomes I need to produce for the agency are:
- Help support the needs of the creative team
- Create successful work that inspires my teammates and clients
- Be a positive team player
To produce these outcomes, I need to:
- Design outstanding traditional and digital experiences that engage audiences and meet client marketing objectives
- Work with other team members to concept ideas and bring them to life across all marketing channels
- Work with Senior Art Directors/Creative Directors in selection of all resources/purchases needed to fulfill production of each project
- Work with production personnel, providing complete input, with any instruction and supervision required to smoothly complete production of approved assets
- Direct and supervise Designers and Freelancers assigned to projects, as requested
- Direct photography sessions, video shoots, etc.
- Strive to stay current in skills, knowledge, and software applications
- Do my homework…ideas that are not inspired by insights inspire no one
- Present my ideas to internal teams and clients in a way that tells a compelling story
- Work proactively. Balance multiple projects and deadlines without losing my cool.
- Be brilliant as much as possible
The skills and abilities I require are:
- 3+ years of direct job-related experience as a Designer or Art Director…agency experience gives you a huge edge. Demonstrate that you are current on industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or similar concentration preferred
- A portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects, and a clear personal aesthetic (please include a link to your online portfolio when applying)
- Passion for emerging technology and a hunger to innovate
- Experience leading small- and medium-sized teams
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, team environment
- Dynamic presentation and communication skills
- Communicative, flexible and patient under tight deadlines
- Proficient in Mac-based Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
To produce these outcomes, I have decision-making authority over the following:
- Concepts and proposed direction
- Job and career development
- Daily schedule aligned to project deadlines
Leading indicators of my success are:
- Meeting agency and client deadlines
- Internal team satisfaction
- Client satisfaction
Long-term indicators of my success are:
- Growth in agency knowledge
- Growth in client knowledge
- Increased proficiency in work
- Growth in agency and client relationships
- Creating work that has measured success
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.