Associate Account Planner (Hybrid or Remote)
As an Associate Account Planner, my objective is:
To maintain day-to-day contact between the agency and the client; managing and owning the strategy for my assigned accounts; fostering and growing assigned accounts; and ensuring overall client satisfaction with leadership and mentorship from client services team leaders (Executive Strategy Director, Account Director or Senior Account Planner)
The outcomes I need to produce for clients are:
- A focus on three areas of the client account: Strategy; Orchestration/Management, and Sales
- Become a subject matter expert for assigned accounts, requiring continual work to understand project reference, ongoing study of the industry, client’s business, product offerings and customer base
- Assisting with, and sometimes leading, stakeholder research (with support from the agency insights &analytics teams and other strategy resources) and produce a summary of key insights
- Recognizing opportunities for strategic facilitation and partnering with Executive Strategy Director (or other Directors) to create efficient, high-impact meetings and discussions internally and with the client teams around overall business objectives and how Simantel can support strategic and creative solutions to solve for business and marketing challenges.
- Facilitate (through Simantel’s workshop model or otherwise) meetings and discussions internally and with the client teams around how Simantel can support strategic and creative solutions to solve for business and marketing objectives, often with support and mentorship from leadership
- Play a critical role in connectivity across the digital activation service lines (media, analytics, marketing automation and development) to ensure we are leveraging the best cross-channel experiences for our clients
- Work with agency Management Team to effectively forecast client budgets; plan and estimate project scopes; and support the Management Team’s communication internally and with the client on budget approvals & status of budget management (pre-, during, and post-project)
- Collaboratively support business development, both organic and new, as requested by agency leadership and biz dev team
- Learn Simantel service line offerings and recognize/identify opportunities to speak to those service lines and capabilities to enhance existing/new projects
The outcomes I need to produce for the agency are:
- Maintaining a consultative role with clients to enhance Simantel’s strategic partnership
- Identifying where Simantel’s offerings align to the clients’ marketing-communication and branding needs with a goal to organically grow accounts
To produce these outcomes, I need to:
- Use effective storytelling to convey ideas, provide sound rationale, and help to consistently balance both the client and target audience needs across efforts.
- Identify insights, collaborate on ideas, and connect dots throughout the lifecycle of an account.
- Possess an underlying core skill of relationship building to successfully manage client and internal teams.
The skills and abilities I require are:
- 4-year college or university degree or equivalent experience in marketing or business (or similar concentration)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (marketing, sales or similar concentration)
- Previous agency experience (or other related environment) in account management (considered a plus)
- Excellent relationship-building and collaboration skills that leads to effective conversations internally and with clients
- Ability to work proactively and to take initiative to identify client needs and opportunities
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to effectively present and facilitate meetings
- Strategic-thinking and creative problem-solving with the ability to organize information quickly and set direction
- Capable of successfully managing multiple clients/projects at the same time
To produce these outcomes, I have decision-making authority over the following:
- Strategic direction for assigned accounts, with mentorship and support from leadership
- Daily client communication and overall client relationship
- Budgetary management for client projects
- Level of involvement of core team members throughout the life-cycle of a project
Leading indicators of my success are:
- Establishment of strong relationships and effective communication with both clients and internal team members
- Ability to manage and drive multiple projects and clients/client relationships
- Successfully manage assigned accounts and act as the account SME, with support and mentorship from leadership
- Naturally curious, willing to “dig in” when required and see a project from start to finish
Long-term indicators of my success are:
- Success in driving large-scale strategic client initiatives and campaigns
- Organic growth of assigned client base
- Ability to manage assigned accounts independently
- Proven ability to drive consultative conversations with clients
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.