What you’ll do:
The Content Strategist is responsible for all aspects of the content lifecycle and supports business requirements, research, and customer and product team insights that deliver customer-focused content across all traditional and digital channels.
How you’ll do it:
- Facilitate strategic planning meetings and workshops with clients and internal teams to assess the gap between current and future state content to meet both business goals and audience needs
- Partner with internal and client stakeholders and cross-functional teams to define and complete research, draft personas, and build content requirements – including developing innovative concept and messaging strategies
- Partner with creative and activation teams to define content architecture and content models that support user-centered interfaces and designs that meet client business objectives
- Complete qualitative aspects of content strategy including auditing, planning and creating/managing a content roadmap
- Write and edit content that meets project goals and end user needs. Deploy content from various content management systems.
- Delegate to and direct writers and editors in content production
- Create, adjust and manage editorial calendars
- Review analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behavior and intent, making regular recommendations for content optimization, ensuring the content strategy is effectively implemented across channels over time
- Ensure content complies with corporate brand standards and style guides as well as champion the brand’s voice and brand standards across all channels
- Collaborate on the development of content style guides, content best practices and governance processes that can be applied broadly across multiple digital channels
- Implement technical aspects of content strategy, including taxonomy, asset nomenclature and SEO analysis and recommendations
- Partner with all areas of the business to envision, create and develop presentations to gain client approval on strategic recommendations
- Serve as a thought leader and subject matter expert within the agency, with clients and the industry at large
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years creating and executing content strategy across multiple channels
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience working on large-scale content strategies for multiple channels utilizing content management systems
- Experience creating and maintaining content governance and best practices implemented at an enterprise level
- Passion for creating great user experiences with actionable knowledge of the digital landscape including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies and standards
- Understanding of interaction design and information architecture with regards to content strategy
- Ability to scope, organize and execute multiple projects with interrelated goals
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.