We’re on the hunt for a copywriter with strong writing and editing capabilities and a background in marketing. This person should be curious, detail-oriented and self-motivated. Good copywriters are good communicators. They transform clients’ business needs into creative, compelling messages for targeted audiences. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and have something to say, we’re looking for you.
Stuff you’ll do:
- Think big, simplify, twist and turn ideas until they come to life as amazing experiences for the intended audiences
- Write damn good copy that is thought provoking, grammatically sound and original (we don’t like cliché and overused marketing lingo)
- Create imaginative and strategically relevant multi-channel content, including digital media, traditional media and videos/commercials
- Make digital experiences more efficient by creating content that gets readers to their intended outcome. Examples include menu headers, buttons, 404 notices, pop-ups, instructions and page headers.
- Be able to understand complex concepts and then communicate them in a simplified manner
- Do your homework…ideas that are not inspired by insights inspire no one
- Be a team player. Copywriters work with almost every role at the agency. Collaborate openly to achieve the best results.
- Present your ideas to internal teams and clients in a way that tells a compelling story
- Work proactively. Balance multiple projects and deadlines without losing your cool.
- Be brilliant as much as possible
Stuff you’ll need:
- 5+ years of direct job-related experience as a copywriter…agency experience gives you a huge edge. Demonstrate that you are current on industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Ability to vary tone and voice to connect to different audiences and channels
- Attention to detail
- Determination. Stay positive, no matter how many rounds of edits come your way.
- Curiosity and a sense of humor
- Passion about copywriting and pride in delivering quality communications
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.