The Instructional Designer is responsible for working across the agency to identify the performance, skills, knowledge, and foundational understanding gaps and works collaboratively with internal subject matter experts to design courses and learning paths to support continued education.
The Instructional Designer has demonstrated experience in working with cross-discipline teams to develop and maintain curriculum to ensure accuracy of the materials. In addition to creating, curating, and continually improving internal learning paths, the Instructional Designer is also comfortable working with clients to understand and develop solutions for their training needs and can operate under platform agnostic thinking.
As an Instructional Designer, my objective is:
To enable the training and continued education of the agency staff and Simantel clients through the development and management of educational materials as defined by the project scope.
The outcomes I need to produce for clients are:
- Develop the training and educational materials of Simantel clients to scope and on deadline
- Support client training development goals as defined in the project scope
- Provide consultative value to clients in how to best address their learning needs
The outcomes I need to produce for the agency are:
- Develop and maintain the Learning Management System content and Knowledge Base content to support agency training needs
- Communicate training needs and opportunities to leadership and support staff communication and change management as additional courses become available
- Enable continued development of agency staff
To produce these outcomes, I need to:
- Work with subject matter experts to identify the training needs catered to a target audience
- Develop tools and templates to facilitate content intake from subject matter experts
- Create compelling course content and comprehensive learning paths
- Set instructional goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics to support the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Develop exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, animation, etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
The skills and abilities I require are:
- 3+ years of experience working in instructional design or knowledge management
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and programming knowledge (preferred)
- Visual design skills (Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio, and video scripts
- Strong communication, organization, and change management skills
- Experience in managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects with a change management component
- Experience with garnering customer and employee feedback for large organizations
To produce these outcomes, I have decision-making authority over the following:
- Final template for training materials after seeking feedback from other roles with related responsibilities
- Content development and assessment approach
- Daily schedule aligned to project deadlines
Leading indicators of my success are:
- Meeting project deadlines associated with training development
- Strong adoption (completion and implementation by staff) of training materials
- Any post-training assessment scores trending positively
Long-term indicators of my success are:
- Agency adoption of learning culture principles
- Improved agency-wide comprehension of Simantel processes, policies, and procedures (as addressed in training)
- Reduced volume of out-of-date materials within the Learning Management System and Knowledge Base
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.