IT Support Specialist (Hybrid)
The IT Support Specialist is fundamental to the agency and IT Team. Technologists should have strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. They should be curious, able to prioritize requests, and pivot as priorities change. They should be ready to work with a wide array of technologies across the agency.
This is a Hybrid position in the central Illinois area, which requires you to be in the Peoria, IL office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with the option to work from home Monday and Friday.
As an IT Support Specialist, my objective is:
Support the agency by resolving onsite and offsite employee tickets and assisting the IT team with various tasks and projects.
The outcomes I need to produce for the agency are:
- Timely responses and efficient resolutions to tickets
- Updated knowledge bases, documentation, and tutorials
- Account and endpoint lifecycle
- Assist with deploying new technology
- Check audit and backup logs
- Review office technology for problems
To produce these outcomes, I need to:
- Prioritize tickets and tasks
- Analyze and research problems
- Solve tickets, not just close them
- Communicate effectively
- Keep up with the latest technologies
The skills and abilities I require are:
- Proficient with macOS and Windows
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace
- A basic understanding of scripting (Python, Shell, PowerShell)
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Windows and Linux server experience is considered a plus, but not required
To produce these outcomes, I have decision-making authority over the following:
- Whether a ticket should be escalated
- The process to solve a ticket
- Prioritization of tickets and tasks
Leading indicators of my success are:
- Tickets resolved and not reopened
- Reoccurring tasks completed on time
Long-term indicators of my success are:
- Agency satisfaction
- Building trust and relationships across the agency
- Fewer tickets getting escalated
- Able to contribute to processes and procedures
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.