Media Buyer (Hybrid or Remote)
As a Media Buyer, my objective is:
To work with members of the media team to launch, monitor, and report on media campaigns across various digital and traditional channels. This individual will manage media buys across traditional mediums, including TV, Radio, Print, Outdoor, as well as work in multiple digital platforms, including but not limited to; Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Ads, Campaign Manager, DV360. The Media Buyer will also serve as a liaison to media partners to assist in executing campaigns for our clients. The ideal candidate can assist in advising media strategy across multiple channels based on client goals and the ideal customer journey. The Media Buyer will also have responsibilities for media, audience, and competitor research.
This is a Hybrid or full-time Remote position. Hybrid if you live in the Central Illinois area, which requires you to be in the Peoria, IL office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with the option to work from home Monday and Friday.
The outcomes I need to produce for clients are:
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Manage the day-to-day implementation, optimization, and performance of campaign activities including authorizations, budgets, and the reconciliation process
- Campaigns on platforms such as: Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, DV360, etc. to support KPIs, goals and metrics of campaign
- Managing and changing out traffic
- Understanding of client business objectives and audience to produce the best media buys
- Robust media buying execution that encompass best practices and stays ahead of the curve
The outcomes I need to produce for the agency are:
- Research to showcase support for media plan direction
- Well thought out audience recommendations for campaigns in major media platforms
- Pitch decks showcasing audience targeting, potential audience sizes, potential spend, media metric estimates
- Rationale for selection of vendors, channels, and/or tactics for digital and traditional buys
- Strong, productive relationships with media vendors/partners, as well as establish contacts with new outlets
- Explanations on testing or optimizations of campaigns, along with capacity to articulate best practices in media buying
The skills and abilities I require are:
- Understanding basic math media principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Media buying abilities with local TV, Radio, and Out of Home
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration within a team structure, but self-sufficient and proactive work without being micromanaged
Leading indicators of my success are:
- Timely and quality deliverables as requested by media team, account teams, and/or clients
- Media campaigns with performance at or above benchmarks
- Well-developed working relationship with media strategists, experience strategists and analytics team
Long-term indicators of my success are:
- Showcase progressive understanding of media strategy & media planning
- Ability to anticipate media team, account team, or client needs regarding campaign buying strategy
- Capacity to help support growth of media team service offerings
Simantel is a full-service marketing firm, which means we staff expert researchers, strategists, analysts, designers, writers, developers, videographers and more. So, whether it’s a stand-alone strategy, an activation project, or a mix of both, we keep projects running on time and on budget with our agile project management skills. From beginning to end and every place in between, we’ve got it covered.
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.