What you’ll do:
The Production Designer works with creative team members to scope, organize and facilitate the production of print materials, large format graphics, and digital assets in their final stages. Helping to produce and manage schedules and budgets on a day-to-day basis, the Production Designer understands agency pre-press and digital processes with a focus on overall accuracy and product quality. In this role, the Production Designer will also assume responsibility for graphic design of some assets as well as design changes to existing assets.
This role requires a self-motivated, well-organized individual with the ability to multi-task. The Production Designer should have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to create and foster strong relationships internally and externally.
How you’ll do it:
- Understands and implements all pre-press requirements for print and large format jobs
- Provides feedback, training and guidance to creative staff regarding production techniques, processes and methods that will help them meet their design objectives
- Maintains the quality and accuracy of finished production materials
- Executes revisions to materials as needed
- Has the ability to design assets as requested by the team
- Responsible for working with vendors to quote and provide timelines for print and large format jobs
- Provides information that impacts costs, such as required hours, changes and estimates to the creative team as needed
- Meets with the team to establish deadlines and effectively coordinates projects with external vendors
- Contributes to streamlining/refining the production process when required or observed
- Attends press checks as needed
- Detail-oriented with an interest in managing multiple projects with similar deadlines
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Willing to build relationships with all internal and external team members
- Strong facilitator with the ability to probe for key project details that will impact scope or timing
- Organized and excels at documentation and file management
- Is experienced in printing techniques and processes
- Has graphic design experience
- Experience working in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a plus
Education and experience:
- 4-year college or university degree or equivalent experience in print production, design, or similar concentration
- Five or more years of experience preferred
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.