Simantel is seeking to fill a full-time position for Video Editor.
What you’ll do:
- The Video Editor is responsible for creating videos that tell compelling stories in support of our clients’ overall marketing objectives. This includes working in various video formats (narrative, documentary, commercials, etc.).
- The Video Editor works collaboratively with team members throughout the agency to concept and deliver quality work on time and within budget
How you’ll do it:
- Collaborate on the concepting and editing of videos and inform production process from start to finish
- Edit new or pre-existing client footage to create new content
- Be an authority on video production at the agency and stay up-to-date on latest advances in video, digital and web technologies
- Record and mix audio, select music tracks and perform color correction
- Effectively manage and execute multiple production projects at one time
- Strong experience in Premiere or related software
- Basic understanding of After Effects, Media Encoder, Audition
- Must be comfortable working as a 4-5 person team, but also confident in ability to edit by yourself as needed
- Strong understanding and knowledge of video production, organization and archiving storage
- Experience in color-grading and audio-mixing/sound design a plus
- Demonstrate a keen sense of detail, composition and spelling
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from teammates, supervisors and clients
- Comfortable pitching ideas to an internal team, remaining versatile, and most importantly: play nice with others
- Knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, frame rates, resolutions and their proper handling in post-production
- Understanding of delivery standards (broadcast, digital, and web)
- Strong knowledge of project organization and archival workflows
- Some experience with motion graphics (lower thirds, transitions, etc.) is a big plus
- Bachelor of Arts in video production/media, communications or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in video content creation and editing in a professional setting (studio, agency, freelance)
MUST INCLUDE REEL TO BE CONSIDERED
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.