The Web Developer will be responsible for developing digital channels and communications for the agency and its clients. In addition to both front and back end development, this position requires server administration responsibilities. The candidate must also illustrate strong problem-solving capabilities and the ability to work under pressure. They must be willing to educate the staff in best practices for web development.
The Web Developer will work with designers, strategists, and project managers within the agency to produce, maintain and update web channels/apps for agency-produced and maintained websites. In addition to developing custom applications, this person will also develop online channels in WordPress, as well as other support 3rd party systems of our clients. Additionally, the developer is responsible for integrating APIs such as Google, Facebook, Salesforce and more.
- Builds websites using WordPress as well as custom development
- Creates website templates from design files
- Supports ongoing updates for existing channels
- Sets up hosting environments and manages domain servers
- Monitors channel health for issues such as system upgrades, security patches, and bandwidth scalability
- Interprets requirements documentation and translate into functional web components
- Collaborates in the design process with art directors and strategists
- Manages web updates through version control software such as Git
- Documents and reports status of technical builds
- Prepares web/interactive design projects for presentation
- Contributes to status meetings
- Conducts code/technology audit for client web channels
- Provide estimates for defined scope of work
- Stays current with regard to web design trends, tools and practices
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate possesses the following skills:
- Proficient in application database integrations
- A solid understanding of developing websites in WordPress
- Experience using Git or other version control software
- Proficiency using Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks & Flash
- Knowledge of UE and UI design principals
Education and Experience:
- Degree in multi media/computer science (or similar concentration) is desired
- Agency or interactive department experience preferred
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Simantel is not currently hiring individuals for this position who require sponsorship under U.S. immigration laws to be lawfully employed.