- Over 8 years of experience in B2C and B2B marketing, with a special focus in creative video tactics and messaging work
- Joined Simantel in 2014 in client services and built a knack for creative strategy before jumping over to copywriting, experience strategy and is now a creative director
- Core team member on several award-winning campaigns, including a Telly award for the Cat® 306 CR’s Lift More Campaign and 5 MUSE Creative Awards for the Cat Dream Dozer Campaign
- Earned his MBA from Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- A 7-year member of the Beau Grant Foundation, where he helps raise awareness and support for those affected by suicide. Not only does he help spearhead event planning and fundraising, but he’s also the media spokesperson — making annual appearances on morning news outlets to help spread the word.
- A storyteller at heart, he’s the co-founder of local film group, Neckbone Pictures. Van has written, starred in and directed two feature films shown on local big screens.
- Shocked the world and took home the Golden Pig Award in his rookie season of Simantel’s annual Smoke on the Water cookout competition with his mouth-watering pulled pork
- Fanatically devoted to the St. Louis Cardinals and Chelsea Football Club
Did you know?
Van claims he put on nearly 6 pounds to play the role of Pete Donley in “We’re Live,” where Pete hosted a podcast about movies. But that’s just make-believe. He actually co-hosts a real podcast called “Wins Above Fantasy” — part of the Pitcher List Podcast Network, a national leader in the fantasy baseball industry.