Like what you see?
Caterpillar Knows MINExpo
How do you show the mining industry that you’re dedicated to the business, and showcase numerous products and services at the same time? You build the largest mining exhibit at the world’s largest mining trade show and make it a success!
With 52,000 square feet of space (that’s larger than the size of a football field), Simantel worked alongside Caterpillar to develop a new strategy for the Caterpillar exhibit at MINExpo 2012, which included:
- Designing a floor plan with attendee engagement and traffic flow at the forefront of the exhibit layout.
- Segmenting the exhibit by industry application (Surface and Underground Mining) to give attendees a feel for the breadth of the Cat product line.
- Creating multiple specialized spaces (within the overall exhibit) that added to the experience through flooring, machine locations and graphic treatment.
- Using special lighting and environmental conditioning to showcase the products and the transition between the surface and underground areas.
- Developing an inviting environment. For the first time, Caterpillar used dealer show-workers and strategically stationed them throughout the exhibit to welcome guests and also to prevent them from feeling overwhelmed.
- Making it more than just a trade show booth… making it an experience. Caterpillar engaged and interacted with its visitors by offering touchscreens, iPad’s and simulators.
The overall results received from the exhibit layout were successful for the Caterpillar Mining team.
Awards and recognition:
- 2013 Ex-Award winner: “Best Trade Show Exhibit”
- 2013 E.X.C.I.T.E. Awards winner: “Best Environmental Design”
DESIGNING A FLOOR PLAN TO ACCOMODATE TRAFFIC FLOW
SEGMENTING THE EXHIBIT BY INDUSTRY: UNDERGROUND VS. SURFACE
CREATING SPECIALIZED SPACES: DEALER AREA AND SERVICE BAY
USING ENVIRONMENTAL LIGHTING TO CREATE MOOD (CAT® CENTER STAGE VIDEO WALL)
STRATEGICALLY STATIONING CAT DEALER SHOW WORKERS THROUGHOUT EXHIBIT
CREATING A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE WITH INTERACTIVE ELEMENTS