Like what you see?
1 year made a difference
In 2009, Simantel joined forces with Tad Agoglia, President and Founder of The First Response Team of America—a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide immediate, emergency aid to areas hit by disasters. Lacking the funding necessary to sustain and grow his organization, Tad approached Simantel with a simple ask: help me build my brand so I can help those in need.
STRATEGY AND TACTICS
Working together, Simantel helped the Team to visualize a marketing communications strategy that would build The First Response Team of America brand, increase awareness and raise needed funds. Simantel also created and implemented an enhanced user experience on the Team’s website, launched an online merchandise store, consulted on social channels, helped create external presentations for partnership opportunities, developed creative materials and content for newsletters, informational flyers, donor cards and more.
The efforts above contributed to:
- A 70% increase in the number of fans on Facebook
- A 60% increase in the number of e-newsletter subscribers
- Three newly formed partnerships with national brands: Lowe’s, The Weather Channel and Ram
- The Team’s ability to respond to 12 cities and six national disasters, including those where help was needed most: Tropical Storm Isaac, Superstorm Sandy and the West Liberty, KY tornado
In 2012, the organization also…
- Helped more than 260,500 people
- Saved communities more than $2.5 million dollars
- Were name finalists, along with Simantel, for “Partnership of the Year” by the 2012 PR News’ Nonprofit PR Awards.